RS
Posted By
Ralph_Sweeney
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Outlook Express 6.0 and when I attempt to use the ‘attach to email’ feature under the file menu the error message says it cannot open the correct form. Any idea what I need to do? I am sure the email account is set up correctly since it works for other applications.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 16, 2004
Hi Ralph, Ive never come across this problem, but one easy way around it, would be to just drag your picture into the e-mail window.
Jane
NS
Nancy_S
Feb 16, 2004
Ralph,

….or just save your file to hard drive and open your email program and set file as an attachment
E
East-of-lake
Feb 16, 2004
Be sure and stick to a jpg file or some other small file as many ISP’s and intermediate email transfer sites (called MTA’s) don’t support large attachments. I use OE 6 (behind a firewall and with AV) and have no problems sending JPG’s as attachments. Never set any particular option to get it to work either.

You might have had a register setting changed by some odd application you installed. Obviously PE wouldn’t do it. I have PE and DIS 9 installed plus a bunch of utilities but there’s always some problems when you get a lot of things installed.

wrote in message
I have Outlook Express 6.0 and when I attempt to use the ‘attach to email’
feature under the file menu the error message says it cannot open the correct form. Any idea what I need to do? I am sure the email account is set up correctly since it works for other applications.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Feb 16, 2004
Ralph,
Try this:
I discovered something new last week. I use Windows-XP and Outlook Express 6. I have loaded several digital picture files from my new camera to a file on my desktop. I open this file, RIGHT click on one of the picture files (e.g. P1230051.JPG), and then click on send to>mail recipient. Now a box opens allowing me to select from among the following:
1. fits 640×480 window
2. fits 800×600 window
3. fits 1024×768 window
Ken
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Feb 17, 2004
Kenneth,

Thank you. What a great tip! There are so many features in XP that one never finds out about. I have freeware that accomplishes the same thing but requires a lot of drag and drop (3 apps open at once: a picture viewer, the converter and Outlook Express) and can be confusing. This is as simple as it can get.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections