Posted By
Isak_Burstr
Sep 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all!
I’m new to this forum, but I hope that someone here can help me! I’m using photoshop cs2.
The problem is that when I try to add text to my images, I can’t see them.. I think I know why, have a look at the settings for my text:

I can’t change them, as soon as I write something else in either the font size, the base line switch.. or I’m not really sure about what they’re called in English, I have the Swedish version. But you can see which settings that are really weird, those are the settings I can’t change.
It has been working before, but today when I started photoshop, it was like this. Please help, this is really annoying!
My computer specs are:
My cpu are 3,02 ghz.
My RAM are 1022 MB
I’m running windows xp pro.
My hard drive’s capacity is 160 gb.
I have 60 gb free space left.

Sorry for my english, I hope you understanded most of it. If there’s any information you want me to add, just ask me.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 22, 2006
Well, trying to set type at 0.01 points MIGHT make it a little too small to be visible….
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 22, 2006
Did you try to reset the Character with the fly-out menu (Top right)?
IB
Isak_Burstr
Sep 22, 2006
Yes I tried that, but it didn’t help though..
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 22, 2006
Double-click on the T in the Layers palette (to highlight the text) then change the settings.

If that doesn’t work Reset the Type tool.

If that doesn’t work, Trash Preferences.
IB
Isak_Burstr
Sep 22, 2006
@Ed:

#1 – Didn’t work, it jumped back to the strange settings instantly. #2 – Already tried, no success.
#3 – Hmm, how can I do that?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 22, 2006
First,make sure custom Actions, Brushes, etc. are saved so you don’t lose them, then:

(From Photoshop Help files):

Do one of the following:
* Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop or ImageReady. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.
* In Mac OS, open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

New Preferences files will be created the next time you start Photoshop or ImageReady.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 22, 2006
Also, check the resolution of your file. Make sure it is not something ridiculously low, like 1 dpi.
CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 22, 2006
Nobody reads post #1….
IB
Isak_Burstr
Sep 23, 2006
Thanks Ed, that fixed it.
Thanks alot!
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 23, 2006
! 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections