D
Posted By
DN9
Sep 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having trouble being able to select a mask to work on it. I understand how masks work and I know that you click on the mask thumbnail to work on it. It is supposed to have a frame around it showing it is selected. Well, that isn’t working. I can work on the mask when I originally make it, but I can’t get back in to edit it. I end up making changes in the layer itself which of course is not what I want. I also notice that in order for me to select a layer, I have to double click on it to get it to highlight the layer, but then it brings up the layer style dialog box. I have to cancel that and then I can move the layer. This doesn’t make sense. I having all kinds of weird issues with CS2 that I never had with CS.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

DN9

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
chrisjbirchall
Sep 22, 2006
I have to double click on it to get it to highlight the layer

A single click will select the layer, and a single click is all that is necessary to select the mask.

If this is not how yours is working, first try resetting the preferences file as detailed in the FAQs.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections