BC
Posted By
Big Craigie
Mar 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Bear with me on this one just in case I do not come across to well. I’m transferring a small selection of one picture to another. If I use the marquee tool e.g a rectangle then move the selection across to the other picture, the new selection on a new layer on the 2nd picture is fine. However, if I try to use quick mask and paint a selection using the paint brush. Come out og quick mask and again move the selction across, the new layer seems to be partially transparent even though the layer is set to 100%, the brush was at 100% and just about everything was at 100%. As an experiment, in the first picture I created a rectangulat marquee, went into quick mask and then added to the rectangle using the paint brush. Came out of QM and moved the selection across to the other picture. The part of the selection which was created with the marquee tool was fgine but the extra part painted in was partially transparent. This has only just started to happen so obviously I have changed some settings somewhere which I cannot see.

Please help me

BC

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
PH
Mar 6, 2005
Big Craigie wrote:
Bear with me on this one just in case I do not come across to well. I’m transferring a small selection of one picture to another. If I use the marquee tool e.g a rectangle then move the selection across to the other picture, the new selection on a new layer on the 2nd picture is fine. However, if I try to use quick mask and paint a selection using the paint brush. Come out og quick mask and again move the selction across, the new layer seems to be partially transparent even though the layer is set to 100%, the brush was at 100% and just about everything was at 100%. As an experiment, in the first picture I created a rectangulat marquee, went into quick mask and then added to the rectangle using the paint brush. Came out of QM and moved the selection across to the other picture. The part of the selection which was created with the marquee tool was fgine but the extra part painted in was partially transparent. This has only just started to happen so obviously I have changed some settings somewhere which I cannot see.

Please help me

BC

Could it be your opacity setting?

Peter
BC
Big Craigie
Mar 6, 2005
"PH" wrote in message
Big Craigie wrote:
Bear with me on this one just in case I do not come across to well. I’m transferring a small selection of one picture to another. If I use the marquee tool e.g a rectangle then move the selection across to the other picture, the new selection on a new layer on the 2nd picture is fine. However, if I try to use quick mask and paint a selection using the
paint
brush. Come out og quick mask and again move the selction across, the
new
layer seems to be partially transparent even though the layer is set to 100%, the brush was at 100% and just about everything was at 100%. As an experiment, in the first picture I created a rectangulat marquee,
went
into quick mask and then added to the rectangle using the paint brush.
Came
out of QM and moved the selection across to the other picture. The part
of
the selection which was created with the marquee tool was fgine but the extra part painted in was partially transparent. This has only just
started
to happen so obviously I have changed some settings somewhere which I
cannot
see.

Please help me

BC

Could it be your opacity setting?

Peter

That’s the thing, it is set at 100%, it’s baffling me (and beginning to annoy me)

BC
GJ
Geoff Jackson
Mar 6, 2005
Bear with me on this one just in case I do not come across to well. I’m transferring a small selection of one picture to another. If I use the marquee tool e.g a rectangle then move the selection across to the other picture, the new selection on a new layer on the 2nd picture is fine. However, if I try to use quick mask and paint a selection using the paint brush. Come out og quick mask and again move the selction across, the new layer seems to be partially transparent even though the layer is set to 100%, the brush was at 100% and just about everything was at 100%. As an experiment, in the first picture I created a rectangulat marquee, went
into quick mask and then added to the rectangle using the paint brush. Came
out of QM and moved the selection across to the other picture. The part of the selection which was created with the marquee tool was fgine but the extra part painted in was partially transparent. This has only just started
to happen so obviously I have changed some settings somewhere which I cannot
see.

Check that when in quick mask that the foreground brush colour is black, if it is a shade of grey you will get what you describe.

Geoff Jackson, Nottingham, UK.

www.gjphotographic.co.uk
(Remove the obvious to reply)
BC
Big Craigie
Mar 6, 2005
"Geoff Jackson" wrote in message
Bear with me on this one just in case I do not come across to well. I’m transferring a small selection of one picture to another. If I use the marquee tool e.g a rectangle then move the selection across to the other picture, the new selection on a new layer on the 2nd picture is fine. However, if I try to use quick mask and paint a selection using the
paint
brush. Come out og quick mask and again move the selction across, the
new
layer seems to be partially transparent even though the layer is set to 100%, the brush was at 100% and just about everything was at 100%. As an experiment, in the first picture I created a rectangulat marquee, went
into quick mask and then added to the rectangle using the paint brush. Came
out of QM and moved the selection across to the other picture. The part
of
the selection which was created with the marquee tool was fgine but the extra part painted in was partially transparent. This has only just started
to happen so obviously I have changed some settings somewhere which I cannot
see.

Check that when in quick mask that the foreground brush colour is black,
if
it is a shade of grey you will get what you describe.

That was set correctly as well, however, the problem seems to have rectified itself. Bermuda Triangle here we come.

Thanks to all anyway

BC

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections