Status
Closed
G4 933
OS 10.4.7 Updated using Combo
1gig
Photoshop 9

Problem:
Photoshop will not open any type of file "Program Error"

I had posted a thread relating to this exact problem about a week ago and my problem was fixed by re-installing 10.4.7 with combo update, and running Disk Warrior, repairing permissions, removing that legal folder etc.

Photoshop has been running great for the last week and then last night after a series of file adjustments in Camera Raw Bridge I hit the open button to see the file in Photoshop and Camera Raw quit and I returned to Bridge but the file did not open in Photoshop. So I thought for a moment I clicked on the wrong button, I reopened the file in Camera Raw and clicked on the open button again and started getting that wonderful message "Program Error".. ahhhh!

A question for Chris

Any idea at all about what could be going on here? I just want to prevent this from happening again, should I manage to fix the problem.

I don’t see many folks complaining about this happening so it looks like its pretty much my problem heh

I’m not having any other problems that I know about with other programs.

I’ll spent a few hours tonight trying to fix this hopefully without re-installing again! ..

Thanks for reading..
George

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Jul 17, 2006
does it work in a new user?
GS
George_Stark
Jul 18, 2006
Buko
Yes it did work with the new user.

I lucked out and fixed the problem by running Cocktail and re setting PS Prefs.(Did not have to re-install anything) Unfortunately I did’t take my time and figure out which one of those was the culprit. I was in panic mode.

I’m just real nervous this stupid problem will reappear when it is least needed….

I have not had any problems with PS until I started keeping up with all the various updates of the OS in the last six months. Makes one think that if all is running well don’t screw with it! ..Anyway its working for another week. Thanks

George
B
Buko
Jul 18, 2006
Remember if it works in a new user then its something corrupt of goofy in your main account. The new user is a good reality check.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections