MR
Posted By
Maria Ripanykhazova
Jan 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running a windows WiFi network (Buffalo router) but have a G3 300 on which I have installed Panther and I have it connected to an HP 5770 printer

The G3 is a bit slow to use for general applications but I was wondering: Are there any advantages to using it as a print server, having Photoshop 7.0 on my PC, having my G3 hard wired to the router and printing to the HP printer through the Mac? Or would this not gain any of the advantages of the Mac OS’s colour management abilities?

Is this ANY sort of shortcut to installing Elements on the G3 and saving the Photoshop file to the Mac and then using it only to open the photo I Have already created and printing it to the printer? (or is that the ONLY way to go with this setup?).

BTW One problem is that whereas I have the PC version of Photoshop, my cross-platform Elements is actually a Photoshop 5.0 Limited Edition which I haven’t used for years which was installed on a computer which was thrown away years ago and on which I have lost the license number.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TP
The Pretzel
Jan 31, 2005
"Maria Ripanykhazova" wrote in message
I am running a windows WiFi network (Buffalo router) but have a G3 300 on which I have installed Panther and I have it connected to an HP 5770 printer
The G3 is a bit slow to use for general applications but I was wondering: Are there any advantages to using it as a print server, having Photoshop 7.0 on my PC, having my G3 hard wired to the router and printing to the HP printer through the Mac? Or would this not gain any of the advantages of the Mac OS’s colour management abilities?

Is this ANY sort of shortcut to installing Elements on the G3 and saving the Photoshop file to the Mac and then using it only to open the photo I Have already created and printing it to the printer? (or is that the ONLY way to go with this setup?).

BTW One problem is that whereas I have the PC version of Photoshop, my cross-platform Elements is actually a Photoshop 5.0 Limited Edition which I haven’t used for years which was installed on a computer which was thrown away years ago and on which I have lost the license number.
Gees…
Go to the store and buy a print server.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections