Posted By
Vince_Patton
Aug 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help!
I use Photoshop CS on a Powerbook G4. Has worked great. Suddenly, when i choose "Image Size" the program completely locks up.

It’s happening every time I try.

Any suggestions?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Aug 25, 2004
Bad RAM
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 25, 2004
Or not enough RAM?

Neil
VP
Vince_Patton
Aug 26, 2004
I have 1 GB of ram.
So shortage is certainly not it.

It’s been added to the machine. Bought it at Apple 5 months ago and it’s worked great til just now. Photoshop never had this problem before and I know no other symptoms to report that might give a clue why it’s acting up now.
R
Ram
Aug 26, 2004
Have you tried trashing the Photoshop preferences file?

Also: Try Repairing Permissions (with Apple’s Disk Utility) BEFORE and AFTER any system upgrade as well as BEFORE and AFTER installing any software that uses an installer.

I know it sounds like OS X voodoo, and it is; but it fixes and prevents a bunch of problems.

Additionally, if your machine does not run 24/7 so that it runs the daily, weekly and monthly Cron Scripts in the middle of the night as intended, run Cocktail (shareware) as well.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections