Replies
Status
Closed
Updating Adobe Online compents from Adobe.com:

Downloading: File 2 of 2
No personal information is being transmitted

File: AWEDBFiles4.awe.
To: Macintosh HD:Library:Ap…ion Support:Adobe:Web:

Anyone have any clue how to get around this and also how to stop it cause it has been hanging on my computer for almost 45 minutes. Please get back to me as soon as possible

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 17, 2004
Are you hooked up to the internet on dial-up – that will slow things down depending on activity at your server.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 17, 2004
Assuming 7 or earlier (since it is turned off in CS by default)

If you can disconnect from the internet, do so and then open Photoshop. Go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and set Check for Updates to Never.

If you can’t disconnect for some reason I believe there is a folder that can be trashed or renamed. Anyone remember (AOM maybe?)
R
Ram
Aug 17, 2004
Kelly,

It’s a well known bug triggered by problems at the Adobe server.

Ed gives you the easiest and safest solution: temporarily disconnect from the Internet, launch Photoshop (and/or any other Adobe application[s]) and set the Online preferences to NEVER check for updates, then reconnect to the net.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections