PC
Posted By
Pat_Coggin
Jan 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need help on the basics ( maybe the intermediates) of printing my photos with the best quality. I have calibrated my monitor ( a new Dell flatscreen) using the softwear that came with it. Questions: I have no color management selected in PE and no color management selected in my printer manager ( which by the way is an HP 940C). I use HP, Kodak, Ilford, usually premium paper. My print colors are usually off with the monitor. Any suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
brent_bertram
Jan 18, 2004
Pat,
The HP driver is not very flexible ( compared with Epson, anyway ). It does a good job by not giving you a lot of choices to mess it up. My wife gets her best results using "limited color management" in Elements ( that uses the sRGB colorspace that HP prefers ). She prints on HP Premium Glossy paper, using "Printer Color Management" , as the output space profile in Print Preview. I think the real variable in your situation is the accuracy of the profile of your display .
Have you installed the profile of your Dell display as the system default ? You will need a decent profile to have a change of matching your screen with Elements.
<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/1403e.htm>

🙂

Brent

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections