DM
Posted By
Dylan_Moore
Jan 21, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This isn’t really a photoshop question but I’m hoping if you’re a photoshop user you probably print a lot like I do…so maybe you’ve encountered this problem.

I recently upgraded my computer but I no longer have a parallel printer port for my printer which is older. I bought the BF-1284 USB-Parallel Printer Cable from Bafo to solve the problem. It’s basically a cable with a parallel plug on one end and a usb on the other. When I plugged it in it automatically recognized my printer and installed all the drivers and the printer appears in the printer options, but when I actually try to print from it, it fails.

Anybody else have this problem? I’ve never had any trouble with the printer since I got it so I can’t imagine that it’s the problem, but I’ve tried everything I can think of and can’t find any more appropriate forums to ask about this.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GN
Gary_Noonan
Jan 22, 2009
Probably the correct drivers for the printer were not installed. Decent laser black and white printers can be gotten for about $99.

I just had to spend $149 for a slightly faster new HP laser (wanted a faster unit that the $99 HP one) because my previous printer could not be properly installed on vista 64. It could be installed with the vista 64 bit drivers but HP support could not help make it work properly–driver issues. It’s now installed on a XP based computer and is again working fine. My older USB printer showed up just fine in the printers folder–just didn’t work properly and sometimes would not print at all.

Sometimes perfectly good older peripherals can’t be made to work properly with new computers or with upgraded ones.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections