ML
Posted By
Marty_Landolt
Jan 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve read lots of the topics and did get some suggestions on sites and books. It seems these orange dots all over the photo might have been caused from something spilled on it. Sepia color is to be kept, so is there a way I can just remove the orange dots?
Marty

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 13, 2004
Marty, this is how I would do it.
The analogue way I would use an orange filter, so using the channel mixer you would have the same effect. No channel mixer?, download filtersim an apply the orangefilter that comes closest to the colour of the stains. The stains should be almost invisible.
Convert the image to B&W and add the original sepia tone.

Leen
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 13, 2004
If they aren’t too bad, or too many or large; try zooming way in and carefully using the clone tool.
Try this first on a duplicate. I had good luck with some ancient family photos using this. Jane
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 13, 2004
Leen,

Where do we gt filtersim? That sounds interesting.

Marty, Can you post your image? It’d be fun to try it with the channel mixer or filters.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 13, 2004
Marty,

I have had some success using the dodge tool … but I also try hue & saturation, clone tool. It really depends on the image and sometimes a combination works.

Mark … I found it at <http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/filtersim.htm>

but its Windows only

Wendy
DN
Douglas_Nelson
Jan 20, 2004
wrote in
news::

This will require a Hue/Sat adjustment afterwards to bring back the sepiatone, but if the stain is all one color:

1. Sample the stain color with the eyedropper tool
2. Create a new layer
3. Fill the layer with the sampled color
4. Invert the new color layer (ctrl-i)
5. Set mode of new layer to Color
6. Desaturate
7. As mentioned before, add a Hue/Sat layer and add the tone you want

If there are variations in tone this should still work. If there are variations in stain color, this will at least provide a helping hand.

http://www.retouchpro.com — The #1 online community for retouchers and restorers

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections