How to restore color to old photo – need tutorial.

J
Posted By
Jake
Oct 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have some photos from eighties. The color faded and the paper has gone old. Once I scan the photo, how can I use Photoshop to restore the color. Searched the web for tutorial, but not hitting the right page. If you can explain a little or point me to a tutorial link, that’ll be great.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SB
Shane Baker
Oct 4, 2004
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:28:35 -0400, Jake wrote:

I have some photos from eighties. The color faded and the paper has gone old. Once I scan the photo, how can I use Photoshop to restore the color. Searched the web for tutorial, but not hitting the right page. If you can explain a little or point me to a tutorial link, that’ll be great.

Depending on how faded the image is, you could try simply selecting LEVELS and selecting auto.

I’ve seen some horrible brown shots return from the dead using that simple process.

Shane Baker
Kingdom
Oct 6, 2004
Shane Baker wrote in
news::

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:28:35 -0400, Jake wrote:

Depending on how faded the image is, you could try simply selecting LEVELS and selecting auto.

I’ve seen some horrible brown shots return from the dead using that simple process.

Shane Baker

Always a good first option

Rule one; Question Everything except rule two

Rule two; Never Question the Wisdom of Rule One

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections