GH
Posted By
gary_hustings
Jan 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I do a lot of scanning, four slides at a time. Each scan means — click on select import source —
click on handle —
click on twain device —
click on ok.

Or (or one less click)
Click on file —
click on import —
click on twain.

Either one gets really tiresome when one is scanning 100 or more slides everyday.

Is there an easy way to just bring up my scanner, a Twain device? Such as a way to put a button on the button bar.

The button would save time, and prevent errors.

Regards,
Gary

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 9, 2004
Gary,

Is it possible for you to start your scanner software independtly of Elements? I can do that with mine.

That way you can scan and save the scans as you go without having to import them into Elements first.

I think you’d have a faster turn around time in the long run.

What operating system and scanner are you using?

Dick
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
There already is a button on the shortcut bar. On my computer, the icon shows up directly under the word "Image" on the main menu. If you hold the cursor over it, it will read "Import." Click on it and you’ll see your Twain device listed as one of the choices.

There was a discussion about this a couple of weeks ago. Some people are able to go into their Import/Export settings in the Elements application folder and remove everything but the exact one they need to access the scanner. Several people accomplished this nicely, but it didn’t happen to work for me! Play with it, though, because I think I just did something wrong, but I haven’t tried again. You should then be down to a two click method.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Jan 10, 2004
Here’s the thread <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.2ccf223a> that Beth is refering to.

Joe

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections