MG
Posted By
Michael_Gajewski
May 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to digital image processing, coming from a chemical darkroom. I will be scanning slides/negs with a Nikon film scanner in the Adobe RGB color space. The scanned images will then be brought into PSE3, where I will also be using full color management(to preserve the Adobe RGB CS). I will be printing to a wide gamut inkjet printer, the Canon i9900, and this is where I get stumped. When I go to print an image from PSE3, the first box to open is the Print Preview. At the bottom under Show More Options is the Color Management section. The Source Space is set to Nikon Adobe RGB(from the scanner), but under Print Space there are at least 30 choices. I don’t know what any of them mean but I’m thinking they’re all ICC profiles. The 5 that have my attention all refer to my Canon i9900 printer and they’re titled:
BJ Color Printer Profile 2000
Canon i9900 MP1
Canon i9900 PR1
Canon i9900 PR2
Canon i9900 SP1

Is there anyone out there familiar with the i9900 who might know what these profiles mean and how they’re used? Are they referring to paper types, color spaces, etc.
I’ve called Canon Tech Support 3x & they’re more confused than me. They seem to think these profiles were created by the PSE3 prgm.
Any help would be appreciated,
Michael

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 28, 2005
I Googled and got this from a post on the Canon Digital Photography Forum. You might want to check it out. I have it bookmarked, because I recently got a new Canon printer, too.

The Canon ICC profile guide is intended for Canon printers that come with print media ICC profiles, which are specific to Canon papers and printer driver settings.

PR1 = Photo Paper Pro (print quality level 1)
PR2 = Photo Paper Pro (quality level 2)
SP1 = Photo Paper Plus Glossy (quality level 1)
MP1 = Matte Photo Paper (quality level 1)

This link goes to the thread from which I copied the above info. From it you can get to the forum itself.

<http://photography-on-the.net/forum/printthread.php?t=29530>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections