AR
Posted By
Arik_R
Jan 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been trying to get some extra plug-ins like KPT and others to appear in Photoshop but nothing I do seems to make them appear in the filter menu. I’ve unlocked the "ownership" part of the info windows and added them in the preferences section. Anyone know about this.
Thanks a lot.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 8, 2004
I’m not sure what you mean by preferences section…the path for plug ins on PC is C:Program files>Adobe>Adobe Elements>Plug-ins>filters…drop the folder in there with the rest of ’em. Keep in mind…not all photoshop plug-ins work in Elements…most do but there are some that wont.
R
Ray
Jan 8, 2004
KPT collection at least does work with both. I just purchased them. They will appear in the Filter
menu, in the lower section (under the line), as KPT Collection.

Ray
AR
Arik_R
Jan 8, 2004
Thanks for the responses. I have all the items placed in the filter folder but they still don’t appear anywhere in Photshop.
Photoshop>plugins>filters> "new plugins"
R
Ray
Jan 8, 2004
Arik,

The full path for the KPT Collection (or KPT Effects) should be as follows :

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Plug-Ins\KPT Collection

"Filters" isn’t part of the path.

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 9, 2004
I also have Corel KPT Collection in my Mac inside of PSE 2. I am not good at installing stuff, but I do remember that KPT was not too difficult, put the CD in and follow the instructions exactly. I don’t think that you should have to position them, the installer did it for me. I have had a lot of trouble putting stuff where it should be to work correctly. that is why I will be watching and hoping that you get your KPT in OK

They should end up at the very bottom of the Filters menu as Ray said.

By the way, these KPT filters are wonderful, and I am looking for on-line lessons for them, so if you find any, let me know. There are not very many tutorials on it either. I have been fumbling around with them and they are really fun.
Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 9, 2004
Jane, when you need tutorials for anything photoshop related…use ‘ Google ‘! iow Google it !
R
Ray
Jan 9, 2004
Jane, I’ve found only a few sites showing tutorial, and most of them are for KPT effects, not KPT Collection. Oh well, I’ll experiment untill something interesting shows up 🙂

Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
"Googling", "bobbiting", this group is great for new verbs! 🙂
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 9, 2004
Do I detect some new Scrabble words? We used to come up with some really funny ones back in the days when our kids were Scrabble-addicted.
Jane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections