The internet isn’t working. And I don’t know why!

TA
Posted By
Tasia_Angelovsky
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever I get on my Photoshop Elements 2.0 I try to get on the internet (on the adobe.com)it brings the internet up but it says something like ‘it will only come up as a text document’ or something like that. Even on help, and when I try to make a Webphoto Gallery. I tried reinstalling and whatever I could. Like looking in properties and nothing works!! It’s not fair! Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
ryeish
Jan 2, 2004
On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 14:43:33 -0800,
wrote:

Whenever I get on my Photoshop Elements 2.0 I try to get on the internet (on the adobe.com)it brings the internet up but it says something like ‘it will only come up as a text document’ or something like that. Even on help, and when I try to make a Webphoto Gallery. I tried reinstalling and whatever I could. Like looking in properties and nothing works!! It’s not fair! Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks

Does your browser show sites at all? It sounds like your default app to read HTML might have changed.
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 2, 2004
Tasia,

Could you give us some more information? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Are you trying to go to adobe.com from within Elements or on your separate web browser?

If you could amplify a bit it might help us to get a handle on what you are trying to do.

Dick
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 2, 2004
Tasia, what ISP are you using? Any chance AOL, CompuServe, or Yahoo? It sounds a little bit like you need to change the default browser, but, as Dick says, more details are needed before we can come up with relevant suggestions.
TA
Tasia_Angelovsky
Jan 3, 2004
Dick:
What I am trying to accomplish is making a web gallery (click on file, then ‘create web photo gallery’ for my pictures. And I’m tring to get on the site from within Elements. You have to to get on the specific site.

Beth Haney:
Oh, well I use a local service Wal-mart. And I can’t change it as it is the cheapest. That is what you meant right?

Well thanks for your help.
TA
Tasia_Angelovsky
Jan 3, 2004
Dick:
What I am trying to accomplish is making a web gallery (click on file, then ‘create web photo gallery’ for my pictures. And I’m tring to get on the site from within Elements. You have to to get on the specific site.

Beth Haney:
Oh, well I use a local service Wal-mart. And I can’t change it as it is the cheapest. That is what you meant right?

Well thanks for your help.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 3, 2004
No, I was asking what Internet Service Provider you use. Like I use speakeasy.net, other people use Earthlink or AOL. Web Photo Gallery requires an internet browser, like Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Safari to preview your gallery. Some of the ISPs, like AOL, Yahoo, and CompuServe, have a modified browser that won’t work. If you have one of those, that could be your problem. It’ll be hard to say until you tell us which internet browser you’ve got set as your default.
TA
Tasia_Angelovsky
Jan 3, 2004
Oh I don’t know what you mean! My homepage and Internet provider is Wal-Mart. But if you mean what web Host I use it’s geocities.com. Or do you mean something else? Sorry I don’t get it.
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 3, 2004
Tasia,

If I’m understanding correctly, you are ok and missing only one step. If you have created your web gallery from within Elements, it is stored somewhere on your Hard Drive. I don’t remember exactly where but it will be there somewhere.

You must go to geocities.com to begin the upload process to move the files from your computer to your webpage. This is not done in Elements but in your Web Browser.

So, I believe you would do the following:

1. Log on to your ISP
2. Open your web browser
3. Go to geocities.com and do your login routine
4. Find the link to "upload" your web gallery and follow the instructions.

I hope this helps.

Dick
TA
Tasia_Angelini
Jan 5, 2004
Dick, I did all that you said and it all uploaded except it uloaded all funny. See on the gallery options they have several different templates and when it uploaded it was all different, and the pics and pic links came up with a red ex (know what I mean?) and the links came up with a ‘couldn’t find the page’ and all that whatnot. Do you know what else I could try? Thanks
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 5, 2004
Tasia,

Does Geocities allow you to put up webpages of your own design or does it require you to use one of their templates? It that’s the case there may be some other things you need to do.
Dick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections