GD
Posted By
Grant_Dixon
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like everyone to put your hands together and welcome Robert Ash as artist of the month for January. I think you will agree that Robert has maintaining the wonderful standards set down by previous artist and then adding a bit extra to make the pages very special. Welcome Robert.

Robert Ash’s Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/ArtistinResidence.html

Grant

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 1, 2004
I always look forward to the artist of the month, and Robert’s photographs are just beautiful! We got up very early this first day of 2004 (due to our dogs), and this is a nice way to start off a new year, looking at these great photos.
Jane
J
jhjl1
Jan 1, 2004
What a great way to start the New Year. I really enjoyed seeing your work Robert. 21 and 35 are my favorites but all were nice. I loved the mood you captured in the small church, it makes you want to pack your bags and head to to the Yukon for Sunday Services.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 1, 2004
Robert,

Thank you for taking me on your journey, it was a wonderful trip. You have a good eye with the camera and have captured the mood.
B
bethC
Jan 1, 2004
Robert, I enjoyed viewing your work. Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection.

beth
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 2, 2004
Robert , all your images are gorgeous ! My heart takes me to the Yukon trip as my favorites…..must be a Canadian thing. My son was named after the highest elevation point in Canada….which happens to be in the Yukon. I love that place !….next to Alaska 😉 Too bad I hate the cold so much….perhaps someday my heart will take me there regardless of the thickness of my skin….Robert, thank you for letting me get a little taste of it again.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 2, 2004
I would like to let everyone know that Robert is very keen on having his work exhibited and is really anxious to see how well it is excepted but … he is out of town and will not be able to reply until Sunday or Monday. So for you, You get to see and enjoy the site even before Robert does.

g.
PD
Pete_D
Jan 3, 2004
Great Robert! Enjoyed the journey.

Pete
SK
Shan_Ko
Jan 3, 2004
Robert’s way of capturing light lends mood to the city- and landscapes. My favorites are the last four images along the California coast.

Shan
J
JesusIsGod
Jan 5, 2004
Hi,

Just got back in town. Thanks so much to everyone for the very kind words. It means a lot to have such an accomplished and experienced audience enjoy these images. James, Jodi and Grant are very accomplished artists in their own right and I’m certain the rest of you are as well.

I’d request a big hand for Grant, who was very patient while I worked through some challenging color management issues for several weeks until literally the day before the exhibit went live. I’ve been doing film photography for 20+ years but I was new to the Adobe Photoshop Elements ‘digital darkroom’ for digital photography and did not want to compromise quality in any way. Grant’s support in this made the difference.

Thanks to the guidance from this forum over the past several weeks the image colors turned even better than I’d hoped. In that sense they are truly a ‘team effort’.

Will chat more in the next day or two when I settle in again. Want to get one-on-one with the friends I’ve met in this discussion thread. Cheers to all!

Robert Ash
J
jhjl1
Jan 5, 2004
Robert, I would like to thank you for the kind remark here and for all of the feedback at my PBase site.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
W
warmwaterdiver
Jan 5, 2004
#34 is reminiscent of the coast along the Great Ocean Rd. near Melbourne yet was taken in California. #36 is a fitting finale to the photos. Nice work, Robert!
KM
Kuassi_Mensah
Jan 6, 2004
Fabulous photographs

Thank you very much Robert

Kuassi Mensah

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections