GD
Posted By
Grant Dixon
Sep 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Earl Alexander’s Portrait is now in the artist gallery.

Grant

Challenge Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
Welcome, Earl!
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 29, 2003
Earl, HI ! Don’t you like nice 😉

I really love your #2 in the challenge..well thought up !
P
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
Hi Earl,

Welcome to this forum. It’s great that you are doing the Challenges!

Nancy
PD
Pete D
Sep 29, 2003
Hi Earl,

I also welcome you to the forum and the Challenge!

PeteD
EA
Earl Alexander
Sep 29, 2003
As Gomer Pyle would say…thank ye, thank ye, thank ye for all the kind words of welcome. I know I’ll need lots of assistance from a lot of people in months to come. I havent got the hang of layers, removing background, etc. yet.

Jodi, the photo was for my retirement from John Deere Harvester in East Moline, IL., after 34 years in 1998.(Nothing Runs Like A Deere).
The squirrel on the challenge is my pet around here. I hand feed her peanuts and pecans out on the patio. I had taken some photos a couple weeks ago with my film camera. Gotta get a digital.. (Ray beat me to it, ha). I put them in Wal-Mart yesterday. Should be back Thursday on a disk.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 29, 2003
Earl, I drive a John Deere tractor at my local nature center – a fine piece of machinery!

🙂

Chuck
LM
Landolt, Marty
Sep 29, 2003
Earl,
A short bit story:
When I was about 19 I was invited to a boyfriend’s house to have dinner with the family. They lived in a heavily agricultural area.
I boldly asked "Who is John Deer? He must be pretty important and rich." Needless to say, I was duely embarrassed by all their laughter.
Marty
EA
Earl_Alexander
Sep 30, 2003
John Deere was born in Rutland, Vermont in 1804. Died in Moline, IL in 1886. Buried in Riverside Cemetary, Moline. If any of you are ever in the Moline, it would be worth your time to visit the Deere world headquarters and the John Deere Commons in downtown Moline. The Headquarters office bldg.(it’s located on John Deere Road) was designed by same archetect that did the St. Louis Arch.
Sorry if I’m rambling and off thread so I’ll stop..
Earl
PD
Pete_D
Sep 30, 2003
Earl,

Thanks for the Deere info. I was going to ask about that. I knew that Marty asking about john Deere was not odd! I would have asked too 🙂

As far as on topic, we have used more than one tractor pictures around here.

PeteD

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections