R
Posted By
Rick
Mar 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Been loping along for some time with el cheep-o printers (Epson C82 etc) and using a professional print shop for production work.

Volume is getting to the point where we are looking for a professional grade printer or printes as may be best.

All input, ideas and especially cautions would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
Caitlin
Mar 6, 2005
"Not Me" wrote in message
Been loping along for some time with el cheep-o printers (Epson C82 etc) and
using a professional print shop for production work.

Volume is getting to the point where we are looking for a professional grade
printer or printes as may be best.

This probably goes without saying as you have specified a professional printer… But make sure for the sake of your clients that you consider print longevity, as well as print quality. I read many comments from supposedly professional photographers using printers like the IP4000 (a very nice home printer) to supply wedding photographs etc, without any qualms at the fact the prints could fade badly within 5-10 years.

I don’t have any recommendations myself for good pigment based printers, but I’m sure others here will.
H
Hecate
Mar 6, 2005
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:09:53 +1100, "Caitlin"
wrote:

"Not Me" wrote in message
Been loping along for some time with el cheep-o printers (Epson C82 etc) and
using a professional print shop for production work.

Volume is getting to the point where we are looking for a professional grade
printer or printes as may be best.

This probably goes without saying as you have specified a professional printer… But make sure for the sake of your clients that you consider print longevity, as well as print quality. I read many comments from supposedly professional photographers using printers like the IP4000 (a very nice home printer) to supply wedding photographs etc, without any qualms at the fact the prints could fade badly within 5-10 years.

Actually, 3-6 months is often a ball park figure according to tests I’ve seen.

I don’t have any recommendations myself for good pigment based printers, but I’m sure others here will.
Epson. Either the 2100 or if you really mean *professional* the Epson 4000 or 7500. You also might like to take a look at the HP 130GP.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
R
Rick
Mar 7, 2005
"Hecate"

| >This probably goes without saying as you have specified a professional | >printer… But make sure for the sake of your clients that you consider | >print longevity, as well as print quality. I read many comments from | >supposedly professional photographers using printers like the IP4000 (a very
| >nice home printer) to supply wedding photographs etc, without any qualms at
| >the fact the prints could fade badly within 5-10 years. |
| Actually, 3-6 months is often a ball park figure according to tests | I’ve seen.
|
| >I don’t have any recommendations myself for good pigment based printers, but
| >I’m sure others here will.
| >
| Epson. Either the 2100 or if you really mean *professional* the Epson | 4000 or 7500. You also might like to take a look at the HP 130GP.

Thanks, I *do* mean professional. In that regard we have two applications. One being quality photo work product with a requirement for longevity and second quality work product that needs to last a much shorter period say up to a year when it will be replaced by newer ‘stuff’. As example brochures for high end real-estate sales. (on the presumption that the property will be sold within the year)
T
topsecret
Mar 7, 2005
i just bought the hp 9650, it looks fantastic, it can make A3 in great resolution special for photography, the best advantage for me is that the ink cartriges come with the imjectors, i dont like nothing printers that you have to clean inyectors, they never are really clean,

for the price i think is very good, there are another ones more expensive and with less resolution, good for design (like the hp series of desigjet) good for design but much worser for photography,

and you can make A3 without borders

"Not Me" escribi
V
viz
Mar 7, 2005
On 7/3/05 5:52 AM, in article , "Not Me"
wrote:

Been loping along for some time with el cheep-o printers (Epson C82 etc) and using a professional print shop for production work.

Volume is getting to the point where we are looking for a professional grade printer or printes as may be best.

Done a bit of research myself of late. Pigment based printers, Epson 1800 (A3), 2100 (A3), 4000 (A2 I think, or bigger). I have seen some of the work that comes out of them and was very impressed. Canon do not have the longevity, though some will say the picture has more punch. Apart from a brief look at some HPs have not researched them.

I am still coming to grips with ICC and colourspace with my R800 (I have a very good print shop that does bigger work, so no economic reason for me to get a bigger printer) so I cannot comment about any of my work yet.

/viz
OR
O Ransen
Mar 7, 2005
On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:52:08 -0500, "Not Me" wrote:

I’m happy with pigment based ink printer Epson Photo 2100, does up to A3
H
Hecate
Mar 7, 2005
On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:51:58 -0500, "Not Me" wrote:

| Epson. Either the 2100 or if you really mean *professional* the Epson | 4000 or 7500. You also might like to take a look at the HP 130GP.
Thanks, I *do* mean professional. In that regard we have two applications. One being quality photo work product with a requirement for longevity and second quality work product that needs to last a much shorter period say up to a year when it will be replaced by newer ‘stuff’. As example brochures for high end real-estate sales. (on the presumption that the property will be sold within the year)
For your first requirement the HP or the Epson 4000 or 7500 would be best.

As for the shorter life work, almost any printer at the higher consumer end would do. Just avoid anything made by Lexmark 😉

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections