AD
Posted By
Andre_Delgalvis
Jul 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop CS (mac version), I adjusted some large ( 63. m ) Raw files, did some additional touch up work in psd. format, then saved both a high-rez and low-rez version in tiff format: Byte order IBM PC. The files were burned onto a dvd and given to the client, who played them back on his PC notebook.

Two of the nine colored images appeared only in black & white and had a lot of grain in them on the clients machine. The same two images were like this when displaying both the hi-rez and low-rez version. When the same DVD was played on my mac ( G5 2 gig ) everything appeared normal. The 2 problem images were the smallest file size of the group ( 30m).

Does anyone have any idea what the problem here might be and how to correct it?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andre

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 23, 2004
What program was the client using to view them on his PC?
B
Buko
Jul 23, 2004
did they have the .tif extension?
AD
Andre_Delgalvis
Jul 26, 2004
Ed.
The client has tried Windows Picture viewer, Photoshop Album Version 2.0, Paint and has also tried inserting it as a picture into a MS Word document all without success.

Andre
AD
Andre_Delgalvis
Jul 26, 2004
Buko

Yes, the files all show tif. extensions.

Andre
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 26, 2004
I’m guessing it’s a problem with his machine or the DVD. Can you test it on another PC? Burn it again?
AD
Andre_Delgalvis
Jul 26, 2004
Ed,

Funny you should mention the DVD. I have only just started burning DVD’s using the G5. Last Friday, I burned several for image backup and one imovie. When I tried to play them back on my G4 Powerbook, the discs were ejected immediately after insertion. After calling Mac Support, the problem turned out to be that I was using DVD+R rather than DVD-R. While the G5 could handle both, the Powerbook could not recognize the DVD+R format.

However, it doesn’t make sense to me that if it is a DVD issue, why would some files appear normally and some not?

Andre
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 26, 2004
Don’t know. Some of the files may have been corrupted slightly in the burn process. That’s why I suggest re-burning to see if a second one works better.
AD
Andre_Delgalvis
Jul 26, 2004
Ed,

I’ll try another burn on a DVD-R and see what happens. Thanks for the responses.

Andre
DR
DP_R
Jul 26, 2004
if you burn any files for clients, you should verify the disk (Toast does this automatically). you might also want to try burning the disc at a slower speed or use different media. some drives are pretty sensitive to what speed it was burned and as to what media they support. (what brand did you use?) cd/dvd burning can be really crazy voodoo.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections