BL
Posted By
Bob Levine
Aug 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Export a PDF and open that in Photoshop. But I have to ask…WHY in the world are you doing this?

Bob

P.S. Please…one post is enough…I’ll delete the duplicates.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
julie_moore
Aug 23, 2007
I have an InDesign document I have been asked to convert to TIFF. InDesign only converts to EPS that I can see so I opened it in Photoshop after the EPS conversion and coverted it to TIFF but it’s quite fuzzy. Is there a better option or something else I must do?
JM
julie_moore
Aug 23, 2007
it’s to save them from having to scan all of the documents for an public information archive . . .need I say, government.
JM
julie_moore
Aug 23, 2007
it still comes out really fuzzy . . . (I used the place command and saved it as a TIFF)
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 23, 2007
What are the exact steps you’re using and what version of ID and PS? And are you viewing that TIFF at 100% in Photoshop?

Bob
B
Buko
Aug 24, 2007
OPen the PDF with Photoshop.

then set the resolution to 300ppi
JO
Jim_Oblak
Aug 24, 2007
Many governments support PDF as an archive data format. Why not export as PDF? It is much more efficient for storage and its data is searchable.

You might even explore free Ghostscript tools that will automate the conversion of PDF to TIFF.

Personally, I’d keep it all in PDF and then have a Ghostscript conversion on my server to automatically render out TIFF files on demand to those that do not want PDF.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections