SW
Posted By
Sarah_Wingren
Jul 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The menus have vanished from the top of the screen in my copy of Photoshop 6, running on a 500Mhz iMac. How do I get them back?

I read the FAQ and searched for relevant terms, but found no answer. I suppose it’s some easy key command (not tab) but I am traveling and have no documentation with me.

Tab and shift-tab do not display tools, either.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 21, 2004
You have a black surround to your image?

Hit "F". Then hit it again.
SW
Sarah_Wingren
Jul 21, 2004
Thank you for responding. Sequencing through the "F" states makes no difference. Shutting down & restarting makes no difference. Opening different files makes no difference. I’m considering reinstalling Photoshop, but I have the feeling some simple forgotten command would help.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 21, 2004
Try trashing your Photoshop prefs. and rebuilding your desktop before you re-install.
B
Buko
Jul 21, 2004
Start Classic first.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 21, 2004
I suppose it’s very possible that Sarah is running OSX but I just assumed that it was OS 9 because of her old version of Photoshop.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections