AS
Posted By
Adam_Skillings
Oct 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
is it just me or did they change the way keyboard shortcuts work?

ok so ive messed with CS2 on some friends comps and on the comps at school (macs)and i have noticed that the way the that keyboard shortcuts work has changed from PS:CS, at first i equated to the fact that the school uses macs not PCs, but it happens on the PCs my friends have as well.

However today i downloaded that Trial version of CS2 (30 Day) from the adobe website to try something out, and it seems that even in this version the keyboard shortcuts have changed

for example the "Image Size" windows is opened buy pressing Alt+I+I, in PS:CS you can press "Alt" and anytime after that press "I" 2x and itll bring up the window, this works the same way for any shortcut requireing the use of the alt key

in CS2 however you HAVE to HOLD the "Alt" key while pressing "I" the first time to get to the menu where you press "I" the 2nd time to bring the image size window up, if you do not HOLD "Alt" it opens the image drop down menu but all the selections are greyed out and you cant do anything, pressing "I" again does nothing, works this way for all other 3 key shortcuts as well

now to me or to anyone that has used PS for a long time and is totally used to how the keys worked in ALL previous versions this is like trying to type with 1 hand, it basically kills photoshop, seeing as i have to do commands 3 and 4 times to get them to work right

so is there an option for this that i missed or am i just gonna have to use PS:CS forever or untill its fixed?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TM
Trevor_Morris
Oct 10, 2005
Nope, it’s just a nuance of CS2. It’s previously been reported and discussed. There doesn’t appear to be a resolution for the time being.
AS
Adam_Skillings
Oct 10, 2005
humf, well i guess ill just have to deal with it for the time being
EZ
Earl_Zubkoff
Oct 10, 2005
There’s an imperfect workaround. In the Accessibility Options Control Panel you can activate Sticky Keys. It makes alt, control, shift, and Windows keys stick while you press a second key. You can turn the feature on and off as needed.

And by the way, CS and CS2 allow you to create your own shortcuts for frequently-used commands.

More by the way, Mac users (like me, often) lack the built-in menu keyboard shorcuts that all Windows apps have.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections