DF
Posted By
David_Freed
Sep 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know about the keyboard shortcut keys for the toolbox — for example, G will activate the Gradient/Paint Bucket tool, whichever is active at that time. I’m wondering if there is a way to use the keyboard to toggle between these two, so I can switch/select one or the other without using the mouse to select.

Best, David.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BL
Bob Levine
Sep 12, 2008
Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts >Tools.

Make them whatever you want.

Bob
DF
David_Freed
Sep 12, 2008
So, you’re saying I have to modify/change the shortcuts–I can’t simply toggle between them?
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 12, 2008
G will activate the Gradient/Paint Bucket tool, whichever is active at that time.

press g again and you should get the other tool.
P
Phosphor
Sep 12, 2008
Unless you have the Tool shortcuts configured to switch by using "SHIFT + Tool letter"

🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 12, 2008
well since he said he hits "G" not "shift-G" i took a stab at it. 😉
P
Phosphor
Sep 13, 2008
I think he was referring to switching to the Gradient or Paint Bucket (G) from a state of having a different tool selected. In that case, all that’s needed is the single, assigned letter.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 13, 2008
sounds to me like he’s on one or the other and he wants to "toggle" to the other. <shrug>
P
Phosphor
Sep 13, 2008
That’s easily configurable in prefs… (either tool letter or SHIFT + tool letter), and has been possible since before custom shortcut editing became available.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 13, 2008
yes

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections