PB
Posted By
Paul_Bellamy
Dec 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop Elements V2 and Win ME. After starting PSE2, I click on the Open Icon which produces a window called Open. It always starts in the Thumbnail mode. I can click on View Menu and change it to Details, but the next time I open PSE2, it will be back to Thumbnails.

How can I make the Open window always display in Details? In otgher words, how can I make Details the drfault? I have looked over Preferences, but either I missed it or it’s not there.

Any ideas?

Regards, Paul.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AT
A.Translator
Dec 23, 2003
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 02:29:09 -0800, wrote:

How can I make the Open window always display in Details? In otgher words, how can I make Details the drfault? I have looked over Preferences, but either I missed it or it’s not there.

Isn’t this a Windows setting rather than a PE thing?
Try Windows Explorer > View > Details.

Groet, Adriana.
[when replying by e-mail, remember: grootpoot is Dutch for bigfoot]
PB
Paul_Bellamy
Dec 23, 2003
Adriana,

I don’t understand what Windows Explorer has to do with PSE2? I opened Windows Explorer> View> and clicked Details. Then closed Explorer and opened PSE2. The same behavior occurs.
It seems to me that I would have to do something in PSE2 to make the change to the default. Any other ideas?

Paul.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 23, 2003
Paul, click the More Button on the upper right corner of the File Browser (I assume this is what you mean by the "open window." ) Then choose Details.

Is that what you are asking?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 23, 2003
Otherwise, Adriana is right. The plain old "open" window is whatever your system offers, not anything to do with PE.
AT
A.Translator
Dec 23, 2003
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:47:14 -0800, wrote:

I don’t understand what Windows Explorer has to do with PSE2?

I don’t either, but it is still the Windows Explorer you get to see (unless you are on a Mac of course ;-))

This works for me in XP, but I am not sure about ME:

Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View > [pick option] > Click Like Current Folder, click Yes to confirm, and click OK.

My first reply did not cover all other folders, but this should do the trick.

Groet, Adriana.
[when replying by e-mail, remember: grootpoot is Dutch for bigfoot]
CF
Callum_Ferguson
Dec 23, 2003
Paul.

Also, select any folder, click, tools-folder options- view, you must also select "apply to all folders," that should make any folder open in the selected mode in future.
Regards
Malcolm
PB
Paul_Bellamy
Dec 24, 2003
I still cannot make it work! I opened Windows Explorer, selected a folder which contains image files, and they displayed as thumbnails. I then changed the display to Details, Clicked Tools> Folder Options> View> selected some options> Clicked Like Current Folder> Apply> OK. When I leave Windows Explorer and then reopen Windows Explorer, then click on a folder, it opens in Detail view (which is what I prefer) So far so good.

Next I open PSE2, Click File> Open. This opens a window with thumbnails displayed. I can change them to Detail, but I have way of preserving them in that view.

Are we on the same wavelength? Any other ideas?

Paul.
CF
Callum_Ferguson
Dec 24, 2003
Hello again Paul.
I suppose that about now one is reduced to ranting and heaping curses on Adobe and all their progeny. Sorry i can’t be of more help.
Regards
Malcolm
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 24, 2003
Easy, breathe. If I understand you, you want to view your photo with details in your file browser while in PSE2. Did you go to your file browser…in PSE…and click the more button…and select details? I just tried this and opened my program up four times in a row…each time it had a thumbnail and details about each displayed beside it. I hope this helps.

Terri
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 24, 2003
There is also a button on the bottom of your file browser that should set the PSE2 browser to display details about each photo. Of course, this is assuming I am understanding your question and not off on some wild tangent.
PB
Paul_Bellamy
Dec 24, 2003
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am NOT attempting to get File Browser to default to Details. I am able to do that OK

I am talking about when I click on File, then Open (or click on the Open icon). If I then select a folder which contains some *.jpg files, they presently display as thumbnails. But I wish them to display as Details, by default.

But thanks for your replys regarding File Browser. Perhaps someone else will benefit from your comments.

Paul.
PL
Paul_L_UK
Dec 24, 2003
Paul

On my XP machine I get thumb view, but on my Win2K laptop I get list view.

Like the others, I thought the view in the ‘open’ dialogue depended on the default folder settings in explorer (working sort of like a plug in) but mine would not change and stay (Win2K)

Sorry I can’t help.

Paul
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 24, 2003
Sorry, I misunderstood your problem…also on XP so not familiar with ME particulars.
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 24, 2003
hmmmm…with File>Open in PSE I get detail list (Win XP Pro)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections