AR
Posted By
Amy_Rasmussen
Dec 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, I’m learning, and making good progress with layers…. but I have another problem. The background color went to black and I can’t change it. Yes, I’m double clicking the little box, selecting the color and clicking okay, but it’s still black. I did something, but can’t think what and am getting nowhere.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Dec 9, 2003
Amy,
Check the color mode. Are you possibly not in RGB?
AR
Amy_Rasmussen
Dec 9, 2003
I know what you mean, but if it has been changed, I don’t see where to put it back.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 9, 2003
look in the toolbar under image>’mode" then check ‘RGB’
DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 9, 2003
Amy,
Just a thought, are you actually clicking on the color you want in the big color square? You need to do that before clicking ok to get a color.

Dick
BG
Byron_Gale
Dec 9, 2003
Amy,

It is a possibility that your focus is on the layer mask of an adjustment layer… I know that was a real hair-puller when iti happened to me, the first couple of times.

If, at the top of your document window, you see Layer Mask in the parenthetical information, you merely need to select a different layer to work on — you’re pointed to an adjustment layer, not an image layer.

Good luck!

Byron
AR
Amy_Rasmussen
Dec 9, 2003
Whoever told me that RGB was the problem was correct, and I did find where to put it back. I had somehow changed it to grayscale. Funny, I don’t see their post about it here now.
BG
Byron_Gale
Dec 9, 2003
Amy,

You’re probably just seeing the most recent entries in the thread. You should see links to show all messages, and to go to the first message, if you want to re-read the whole thread.

(And it was Richard Coencas, with an assist from Jodi Frye, steering you toward checking for RGB mode)

Byron
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 9, 2003
Thanks Beth.

Even on a layer mask you can still change the colors in a greyscale mode…Which i might add comes in handy.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections