Eyedropper selecting color for background instead of foreground – HELP!

F
Posted By
fribhey
Jun 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
does anyone know what’s going on here. I’m in photoshop CS and all of the sudden I noticed that the eyedropper is selecting the color for the background color and not the foreground color. Normally you have to hold down option+click to change the background color with the eyedropper, now when I hold option+click the foreground color changes.

anyone know if there’s a setting somewhere that got changed?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

F
fribhey
Jun 16, 2004
I just figured out what was going on. For some reason (I don’t know if this is the same for everyone) but in CS on my machine if the colors window is open the eyedropper switches to the background color, if I close the color window or dock it to the palette well the eyedropper switches back to the foreground color.

Weird. i’ve never noticed that before.
JB
Jonathan_Balza
Jun 16, 2004
Actually, that’s not quite right… You can still fix this problem.

In the Color palette, there are two squares of color that look just like the ones in the toolbox. Make sure the Foreground – the upper-left one – has the white outline around it by clicking on that swatch, and you will have fixed your problem.
F
fribhey
Jun 16, 2004
thank you
SW
Scott_Weichert
Jun 17, 2004
I’ve also had a problem with the eydropper only seeing the background color. Sort of like the shift key is always depressed when using the eyedropper. Deleting preferences fixed this issue for me.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections