KH
Posted By
Keith Harrison
Jan 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have done some light reading on the newsgroup and a photoshop book I just purchased, but I still have a newbie question.

When I am using Magnetic Lasso and say don’t have it set correctly or I am careless I end up getting a anchor point outside of what I am trying to select. In PS 7.0.1, is there any way to stop in "mid-selection" and undo an anchor or move it?

I am sure I could just redraw the selection, but that seems such a pain on a large project.

Thanks in advance!

-Keith

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
notouchy
Jan 12, 2004
In article <ef534$4003289e$41584142$>,
"Keith Harrison" wrote:

I have done some light reading on the newsgroup and a photoshop book I just purchased, but I still have a newbie question.

When I am using Magnetic Lasso and say don’t have it set correctly or I am careless I end up getting a anchor point outside of what I am trying to select. In PS 7.0.1, is there any way to stop in "mid-selection" and undo an anchor or move it?

I am sure I could just redraw the selection, but that seems such a pain on a large project.

Thanks in advance!

-Keith

Well for even better selections I’d suggest learning to use and even master the pen tool. But to answer your question: no. There is no easy way to stop and correct a errant selection point in the midst of using the magnetic lasso tool.
W
wes
Jan 13, 2004
Keith, try hitting the Backspace key on the keyboard. I think that will get rid of the last point.

"notouchy" wrote in message
"Keith Harrison" wrote:

I have done some light reading on the newsgroup and a photoshop book I
just
purchased, but I still have a newbie question.

When I am using Magnetic Lasso and say don’t have it set correctly or I
am
careless I end up getting a anchor point outside of what I am trying to select. In PS 7.0.1, is there any way to stop in "mid-selection" and
undo an
anchor or move it?

I am sure I could just redraw the selection, but that seems such a pain
on a
large project.

Thanks in advance!

-Keith

Well for even better selections I’d suggest learning to use and even master the pen tool. But to answer your question: no. There is no easy way to stop and correct a errant selection point in the midst of using the magnetic lasso tool.
KH
Keith Harrison
Jan 13, 2004
Thanks guys for the replies … your time is much appreciated.

Wes that is exactly what I was looking for … I feel dumb now for not even trying it.

Thanks again!!! 🙂

-Keith

"wes" wrote in message
Keith, try hitting the Backspace key on the keyboard. I think that will
get
rid of the last point.

"notouchy" wrote in message
"Keith Harrison" wrote:

I have done some light reading on the newsgroup and a photoshop book I
just
purchased, but I still have a newbie question.

When I am using Magnetic Lasso and say don’t have it set correctly or
I
am
careless I end up getting a anchor point outside of what I am trying
to
select. In PS 7.0.1, is there any way to stop in "mid-selection" and
undo an
anchor or move it?

I am sure I could just redraw the selection, but that seems such a
pain
on a
large project.

Thanks in advance!

-Keith

M
Madsen
Jan 13, 2004
Keith Harrison wrote:

Wes that is exactly what I was looking for … I feel dumb now for not even trying it.

You can also use the Delete key.
It’s also worth mentioning (in case you don’t know) that you can force a new anchor point by clicking the left mouse button but I agree with "notouchy". The Pen Tool is a much more powerful tool. It’s harder to master, but the time spent learning to master it, is definitely worth it.

Regards
Madsen.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections