Load Brushes in Imageready? says "IR dos not understand this brush file"?

JB
Posted By
Jeremy_bechtold
Jun 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any time I dl brushes or save them out of PS, I cannot load them in IR…

I searched for a similar post, found none… has this been covered before?

….using PS/IR 7.x on OSX 10.3.3

thanks in advance…

– Jeremy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 22, 2004
That is correct – ImageReady doesn’t understand all the newer brush features added by Photoshop.
JB
Jeremy_bechtold
Jun 22, 2004
So is there just no way to edit an existing brush either?

a mature app like IR should have gradients and brushes bigger than 100 pixels… I would hope.

Is there a tool to create brushes that IR will undestand? or a way to save out the PS brushes so that they can at least be used w/out pressure or whatever features it cannot handle?
SW
Scott_Weichert
Jun 22, 2004
why not just jump to Photoshop and use that brush engine?
JB
Jeremy_bechtold
Jun 23, 2004
With an app like IR, I shouldn’t have to… these are things people doing web work need on a daily basis… custom brushes and gradients, it’s not like it’s working in channels or doing advanced color-correction, it’s just an extensions of the basic paint brush.

I can see needing to go to PS to build/create new brushes, but once they’re made and not meant to pressure sensitive or whatever limitations IR has that the PS engine does not… why not be able to bring them in as-is (with limitations)?

I guess I’m just complaining too much…

Thanks all…

– Jeremy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections