AU
Posted By
Al_Utzig
Oct 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PS CS3 (Windows Version) on my laptop while traveling. Last night the Adobe update manager updated to Camera Raw 4.6. Now Photoshop will not load any photo. If I go to File Open and choose even a small jpg, I get the hour glass and it PS hangs up. When I open the task manager, it shows that PS is not responding. Bridge works, but when I click on "Open Image", PS launches, but hangs up just like when I try to open a file.

I have no idea if the update is the source of the problem or totally unrelated. Can anyone help me out?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Mylenium
Oct 15, 2008
Have you tried resetting the prefs? Camera RAW may have updated some color profile information and default presets, which is not reflected in the prefs and thus causes a conflict…

Mylenium

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections