WA
Posted By
Walt_Atwood
Jun 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to Photoshop (CS). I shot an image of a local facility and its tall roadside sign for promotional purposes today. Because of the structure of the site, my angles are very limited. In order to get the sign and the building in the image, I had to stand in a specific place. Even there I had to tolerate big, heavy overhead telephone cables in the background, just behind the sign. No way to avoid getting them and still get the sign.

The background behind the tall sign and the cables is nothing but open sky. There were some clouds rolling in when I took the shot in TIFF format at 2,048 x 1,536 pixel resolution on my Olympus C-3020Z. (The C-3020Z offers lossy JPEG, but no RAW.)

So here’s the question of the day: how can I use Photoshop CS to "replace" those lines with "sky"?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jun 22, 2004
Healing brush & clone tool
AW
Allen_Wicks
Jun 22, 2004
Yup, sky is the easiest. Mostly use the Clone tool. Just be aware that successful photo editing always takes care and patience. There is never a good one-click instant solution.
J
jonf
Jun 23, 2004
If the cables are all against sky, the clone tool should be the easiest way. Set the transparency setting to "lighten."
KM
Kirsten_Maclean
Jun 24, 2004
clone tool and some free time
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 24, 2004
"Healing" them is usually effective and quick.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections