Posted By
Denis_Minamora
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All,

When I save a Photoshop CS file as a jpeg I cannot read it in any browser and it is not viewable if I send it as an attachement via email.

I am on a Mac G4 and am using the latest version of PS/CS on the latest version of OS X.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Denis

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jonf
Jun 7, 2004
Are you saving as cmyk jpeg? In order to be viewable in a browser or email they must be in rgb mode.
B
Buko
Jun 7, 2004
And they must have the .jpg extension to be viewed on a PC
DM
Denis_Minamora
Jun 7, 2004
Jonf and Buko,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am saving them in rgb as it is the only format that I work in.

I also save it with the .jpg suffix.

I have had no problem setting up my website for the last 5 years, but ever since I went to PS/CS I seem to be having this glitch.

Regards,

Denis
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 7, 2004
Are you using "Save for Web" when saving your files?
GB
g_ballard
Jun 7, 2004
I cannot read it in any browser

it is not viewable if I send it as an attachement via email.

Pardon me, but I don’t have a clue what you mean?
DM
Denis_Minamora
Jun 7, 2004
Anne,

I am using the "save for Web" alternative when I am saving the images.

G,

When I try to open a page <http://www.minamora.com/artist/artist.html> from my website in any browser, the image does not come up. I get a small generic icon for a graphic.

I have sent .jpegs as attachments via email and have been told that the files were not readable.

Regards,

Denis
GB
g_ballard
Jun 7, 2004
Thanks, that link’s crystal, someone will be in to let us know "where" that is actually pointing to (check it maybe it’s pointing to your hard drive?)…

have been told that the files were not readable

Who’s telling you that?
How are they trying to "read" them?

Have them try dragging the .jpg into an open browser window (if they don’t have PS)…"safer" ways of sending JPEGs have been discussed, try a SEARCH here.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 7, 2004
The only possibility that I can think of, assuming that these are RGB/72 dpi images of a reasonable size, is that you are saving them as Progressive JPEGs which some of the older browsers could not handle.

Quit out of Photoshop, trash your Photoshop prefs. again, Repair permissions again, run Cocktail, shut down and restart.

Now try it again, saving the file to a new name with the .jpg suffix.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 7, 2004
Is this the missing file:
img src=" file:///C%20Montgomery%20Burns/Imagery/web/imagery/www/artis t/denisstudio.jpg" ?

That would indicate that it is still on your HD and has not been uploaded via ftp to your website-host’s Server or that your GoLive link is broken.
M
MarkATS
Jun 7, 2004
The file is there, it’s just that the HTML is wrong…

<http://www.minamora.com/artist/denisstudio.jpg>
DM
Denis_Minamora
Jun 8, 2004
Thanks guys!

As an Indian I can say that my "face is red!"

Regards,

Denis

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections