AS
Posted By
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
<< "Toxic dust" found on computer processors and monitors contains chemicals linked to reproductive and neurological disorders, ……

<< Independent researchers who reviewed the new study say consumers shouldn’t throw out their computers, and they needn’t wear special gloves or minimize exposure to computer monitors. ……>>

however:

<< computer makers continue using a flame retardant related to PBDEs on circuit boards. They use lead, mercury and other toxins in central processing units and monitors. But Dell, along with Apple Computer Inc. and others, stopped using PBDEs in 2002. >>

So we are all right — although the bit about "mental disorders" has me wondering about a few of us!

<http://apnews.excite.com/article/20040604/D83062JG0.html>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 4, 2004
That explains Steve, the Dell guy. Too bad he was fired before the changeover.
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Jun 4, 2004
Thank you, Thank you, Ann for posting this topic.

I often wondered about the sinus headache inducing odors emited from cheap monitors (LCD and CRT) I was trying out at Walmart.

The entire room was filled with this burnt plastic and diesel smell I just couldn’t tolerate. I immediately returned the item for a refund.

I don’t remember my now six year old $600 Princeton EO90 CRT smelling like this when I first got it.

Maybe I should let them air out in front of an open window and fan just to break them in and desipitate the odor.

I don’t know about the mental illness part. It’s what got me into this profession to begin with. XD

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections