D
Posted By
dougleax
May 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I transform an image on the edge of a frame while zoomed in, some handles are off the screen. How do grab the handles off the screen without zooming all the way out.
Doug.

I think there is a keyboard shortcut also.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
May 4, 2005
yea, i hate that! zooming out can be a real pain when there’s a huge difference in image sizes. i created an action to scale down to 25% for these times, but a shortcut would be really cool if anyone knows one!

good question doug!
B
BobLevine
May 4, 2005
Hold down the shift key to bring up the hand tool.

Bob
B
BobLevine
May 4, 2005
That would be the spacebar.

Bob
D
dougleax
May 4, 2005
I would prefer not to move the entire image just to get to some far corner. I believe there is some shortcut,ctrl-alt something to make the transform fit in window, exposing the grey area outside the frame.

I have read the solution here before but cant find it in the searches.

Doug
PS
Phil_Scarsbrook
May 4, 2005
Press Control/zero
D
dougleax
May 4, 2005
Getting closer. That zooms the image all the way out. I would like to stay zoomed in. I am trying to line up two images precisely at 100%
SA
sm_adelhoff
May 4, 2005
Type in values in the option bar? long winded, but possible Nudge with arrow keys

Sven
D
dougleax
May 4, 2005
I tried that and it dont work.
Just as a test, I made a selection.
free transform.
highlight top left corner in the options bar to the left of the x axis box. highlight x axis and use the arrows to nudge.
It moves the whole transform regardless of the corner that is highlighted, not just the one corner only.

Doug
D
dougleax
May 4, 2005
I figured it out.
This is strange but it works. During the transform, if you switch the view from Standard Screen Mode to full screen mode, the space bar enables you to move the frame into the grey. Exactly what I needed.
only pressing the button on the menu bar works, not the F on the keyboard.

Is this mabye it some tips and tricks thread?, if not it should be.

Doug
DM
dave_milbut
May 4, 2005
that’s weird!

especially this part:

only pressing the button on the menu bar works, not the F on the keyboard.

I gotta try that when i get home!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections