JP
Posted By
Jason_Page
Nov 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t even count how many hours I have spent trying to get this to work. Anyhow, here’s the problem.

I have PS Elements 2.0.

I have a dual monitor setup in XP with a Radeon 9800 card (latest drivers, blah blah blah).

With the video card that I have, the LCD on the DVI port is always listed as the "primary" display device, the 21" CRT display on the analog port is listed as being on "Radeon 9800 – Secondary". This is the case even if I mark the CRT as being primary in Windows.

My Color in Photoshop Elements is totally borked. When I startup Photoshop and look at files in the browser, they look fine. When I click on a file or edit it, the color becomes orangish and completely messed up. I have Color Management turned off in PSE.

I have run Adobe Gamma and tried to adjust the settings for the CRT. All that Adobe Gamma will do is adjust settings for the LCD. I have tried to run the wizard and tried profiles but when comparing "before" and "after" all that changes is the LCD display.

I have tried to assign my CRTs color profile to the LCD in the hopes that Adobe would use that for color. No good… still messed up.

To confirm that the problem had to do with dual display I shut down my PC and dis-connected my LCD. I booted up into Windows and re-calibrated with Gamma.. everything looked good. I went into PSE and still everything looked just fine. I edited some photos and all was well. I shut down and re-connected the LCD and went back into PSE and everything was hosed up again.

I can’t disconnect my LCD everytime I need to edit pictures on my workstation. There has got to be a solution to this.

Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
brent_bertram
Nov 27, 2003
Jason,
You might post this on the Photoshop forum. There are more dual display configurations over there, and perhaps you’ll run into an answer.
Wish you luck.

🙂

Brent

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections