MS
Posted By
Mark_Speed
Nov 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use the drop-down menu to select a font, they are all shown in plain text. When I am using a program such as WORD the drop-down menu shows the actual style of each font. How can I get Elements to do the same thing so I do not have to go into WORD every time I want to choose a new font…?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

LM
Lou_M
Nov 13, 2003
Elements can’t display the font in its own font in that menu. Here are some things you can try:

* In Elements, highlight your text, then click inside the box that contains the font name on the toolbar. Then use the up & down arrow keys to move through the fonts. This will change your highlighted text to the selected font.

* In Windows, navigate to the Fonts directory (C:/Windows/Fonts, I think) and double-click on the font to display a sample.

* In Mac OS X 10.3, you can open FontBook to preview fonts.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 13, 2003
Mark, if you are using a PC with a wheel on your mouse the way to see the fonts> click on text tool and choose text at the top of the list of you fonts…type in what you want and then commit by clicking the checkmark. Then I want you to go back to the font options and click on the second font down>now use your wheel and it will quickly scroll through all the fonts and show on your text on your screen. This is the way I do it anyways.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections