PJ
Posted By
Pete_Jordan
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was wondering if it’s possible to set a pattern and then somehow use the filter and apply a filter to that pattern all over the image? I have many images with the same marks from the film that I do not want there. And manually going through takes a lot of time to rubber stamp it out. Just wondering if I can do this fairly easily thanks…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
BobHill
Nov 10, 2003
Pete,

Have you considered using that pattern to a full overlay layer with a degree of opaque.

Bob
PD
Pete_D
Nov 10, 2003
Pete J

If you are asking how to batch process a number of photos with this pattern you would need Photoshop.

But if you just want a quick way to apply a patterned filter you can apply the pattern you want to a blank page and then create a "brush" to just single click the pattern on to the pictures.

Open a new canvas the size and resolution same as the pictures you will be working with. (file/new). Then apply the pattern you want and reduce opacity to desired level (test the pattern and opacities before begining to create brush); Then "edit/define brush".

Now you can choose the paint brush and your custom brush should be at the bottom of the list of brushes and with one click apply the pattern to the picture. To get it centered properly use ruler guides to center cursor.

PeteD
PJ
Pete_Jordan
Nov 11, 2003
Actually the situation simply is. There is a single tif image we have. There are a number of blobs (pure white) that occur through out the image that shouldn’t be there. We are trying to erase these blobs (filter using min pass) so they blend in to the rest of the picture. This will save us time from manually going through every section of the picture and manually removing these blobs with the rubber stamp.

I was hopeing to do a lasso around one of the repeated blob sections. Then define it as a pattern. Then somehow apply the Min Pass Filter to that pattern so it takes them out of the photo. Hope that helps clear things up…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections