K
Posted By
Keith28
Nov 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a few photos of some models dressing in solid color outfits. I would like to add patterns in place of the solid colors. Is there a quick method or auto action, that allows you to do this?

If so, what version of Photoshop?

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Nov 22, 2008
This isn’t by any means a simple task, even under ideal conditions.

A couple of those ideal conditions would include starting out with an item of clothing that has NO pattern, and is preferably a properly lit and photographed white or very light color. The shadowing and highlighting are important for what follows…

Second it requires adept knowledge and use of the Displacement Filter.

I can help you with the latter. You’ll need to visit the following thread and link through to the tutorials. Be warned: You have a tough row to hoe ahead of you:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.3bb40552>

Good luck!
K
Keith28
Nov 22, 2008
None of these examples refer to what I was asking about. And half of the links don’t work.

I know you are trying to help, but i think you are not understanding the problem.
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Nov 22, 2008
It what way did Phos not understand the problem? You need to use the displacement filter to allow the pattern to follow the contours and folds that are likely present in the model’s outfit.

Although Photoshop gives you the tools, skill and knowledge are required to get good results.

There may be a quick method or auto action, but you likely will have to roll up your sleeves …
K
Keith28
Nov 22, 2008
His examples only shows text effects. The rest of the links did not work.

I already know how to roll up sleeves and work.

I’m looking for an automated method that will run on a server. I just need photoshop to run this one task and display results on a web page.
P
Phosphor
Nov 22, 2008
I gave you the pointers you need, get after it.

And I’m sorry I can’t do much about keeping up with link rot. That would be a full time job all by itself.

Have fun.
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 22, 2008
The point is that, to get a realistic effect, the pattern has to follow the contours of the fabric.

If the fabric has no contours, just create a pattern in the usual way and slap it on the selected area of the garment with the Paint Bucket.
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 22, 2008
Keithm only 3 links on that page are not active anymore. Did you ever try following the multiple others that do work? You are not showing any goodwill!

Again, if the tuts deal about text, you can just as well do it with a pattern. Another solution would be the warp function of Transform.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections