PF
Posted By
Peter_Frailey
Nov 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Before installing PSE2 and Adobe Album, whenever I used Windows Explorer to find pictures I would use the "details" feature to get the dates of each image filed, file size, etc. I can still do that, but the little icons on the left are all the same whether it is a bitmap, jpeg, or tiff. Previously, each image file type had a unique icon which made it very easy to identify file type. (I realize that file type is listed neverthless in the details view, but I like the icons… a bit quicker for my eyes to pick up.

Can anyone help me get back to where the icons used were different for each image file type???? What happened?

Incidentally, I have things set up so that images I receive via email open up in Elements. Was that what did it?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LM
Lou_M
Nov 6, 2003
Hi, Peter. The icons in Windows are there to show you which application will open the file. So if you have Photoshop Elements set up to open bitmaps, JPEGs, and TIFFs, then yes they will all have the same Elements icon.
PF
Peter_Frailey
Nov 7, 2003
Lou… Thanks. That certainly is straight-forward.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections