I
Posted By
isleweb
Nov 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I cannot get a second photo onto another. I open the first one and click on for a new layer, but can’t add another picture.
Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 2, 2003
isleweb, after opening your first go to file browser and bring in your second. Move it over so that both images are next to each other. With your second image selected use the ‘move’ tool and drag it over on top of your first image. Now you will see both images in your layers palette. Double click on the ‘background’ layer and you’ll get a pop up prompting you to rename it ( default is layer 0 ) just click OK. Now you are set to edit ! Enjoy.
I
isleweb
Nov 2, 2003
It is starting to work, but sometime when I use the move tool it only tries to move the second picture within its box and not over to the first picture.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 2, 2003
well then just kick it over !..just kidding…na just keep your clicker pressed down and drag it right over there…another tip with that >if you hold the shift key down at the same time it will center the second image onto the first. Also, which i should have mentioned earlier, be sure both your images are the same resolution to avoid further despair. You can check the resolution of your images by going to toolbar>image>resize>image size.
LK
Leen_Koper
Nov 3, 2003
Isleweb, if you stll have problems, try this.
Select the image you want on top with "select all", go to "copy", go to your first image and apply "paste".

This will do the job too.

Leen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections