Z
Posted By
zachbolinger
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have played around trying to get this effect on a few of my sons soccer photos and i can’t seem to dial it in. I have played with transfer modes but i am just a little off. Here is a link to what i am trying to make them look like: <http://www.redskins.com/fanzone/wallpaper.jsp>

Any help would be appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PH
Paul_Hokanson
May 10, 2004
Zachbolinger

Find (or make) some scratched textured surfaces (cement tiles… plaster… brick… cardboard…metal…etc) and make some nice high rez scans of those. Draw with different types of pencils and sharp chalks onto textured paper (like watercolor paper) and scan that in.

Use all of those texture scans in your composite over (and under) the photo you are treating. mess with multiply and overlay and hardlight and color dodge and other blending types on different texture layers of varying opacities till you get the look you’re after.

This will be lots of trial and error, but will also give you a very unique and organic look to the finished piece.

Good luck.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections