N
Posted By
nytrashman7618
Nov 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
am able to resize my image to either 4H x 6W or 5H x 7W. how do i make either a 4W x 6H or a 5W X 7H. the original image i am working with is 28.44W x 21.33H (2048 x 1536) when i change the resolution to 330 it gives me an image of 6.2W x 4.6H. no matter how i play with this i am unable to get a 4Hx6W, or a 5Hx7W pic. maybe i am suffering from brain freeze tonight but for the life of me i can’t figure it out.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

N
nytrashman7618
Nov 1, 2003
what i did was to resize the image at 250, which is 8.192W x 6.144H then when i select the marque tool, fixed size set to 4W x 6H, then crop. worked like i wanted it to.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 1, 2003
George, that’s a fine approach. You could also do it using the marquee tool, with it set to Fixed Ratio 4 and 3, then Image<Crop. The resultant image would be in the right ratio, then you could go into Image<Resize<Image Size and change the long dimension to 6 inches and the short dimension would snap to 4 inches. That approach allows you to keep as much of the image as you want at the proper ratio.

But your approach works too!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections