JS
Posted By
John_Stanowski
Nov 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got CS4 MC and in Photoshop the panels only resize horizontally. I can’t resize the depth of the panels. Am I missing something here? This is really annoying. The only way to make more room in the Panels is to collapse some of them. That’s ridiculous, esp. since, say, a full half of the new Adjustments Panel is taken up by a list of presets which I do not need to see all the time. And the Info Panel: I really only need to see about half of that. But I can’t resize? Someone please tell me I’m wrong.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
Just to let you know, I can enlarge the panels vertically
JS
John_Stanowski
Nov 21, 2008
Weird. Whenever I try to resize vertically I wind up undocking it.
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
all my panels are on my second monitor. they are all undocked.
JS
John_Stanowski
Nov 21, 2008
Ahh, I meant I can’t resize vertically when the panels are grouped together as in a default workspace.
FM
Fred M Stevens
Nov 22, 2008
I don’t think you can resize panels like that in CS4. I think you just have to minimize it (double-click on the tab with the panel’s name).

I usually just set up my panels in different modes (icons, minimized, maximized, and some expanded) and save it as a workspace. This seems to be the best way to save space; especially with iconic panels since you can just click on them or use their keyboard shortcut (if they don’t have one by default, I just make one) to make them appear.

[{EDIT} You can also use Configurator to make your own panels if you really want them to be customized. Visit <http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/configurator/> for more info.]
JS
John_Stanowski
Dec 1, 2008
I still think the CS4 panels took a step backward. I need to leave the Info Panel open all the time to check the numbers, but I don’t need to see the coordinates, the help tip and all the gray space at the bottom of the panel. Now I can’t push up the bottom like I could in CS3. I’m not even going to ever use the Adjustments Panel because it’s over-sized with all those presets I won’t use and can’t cover up.

I’ll check out the configurator!
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 1, 2008
deleted by myself

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections