K
Posted By
Katrine822
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve tried to install PE 2.0 to my new Dell twice in the last month and still have the same problem. Once installed, when I go to ‘hibernate’, my pc hangs at the ‘preparing to stand by’ message.

I would love to learn how to use this software in light of my first digital camera arriving sometime around Tgiving, but have no idea what else to try other than reloading the software – which hasn’t worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 31, 2003
What in the world is "hibernate"?
RC
Richard_Coencas
Oct 31, 2003
Beth,
It’s a windoze thing.

Katrine,
Could you give some system details? OS, Processor, Ram. Is it going into hibernate with Elements running, or is the problem any time it goes into hibernate?

Rich
PD
Pete_D
Oct 31, 2003
Beth,

"hibernate" is an energy saving mode of windows. It shuts down the hard drive and video but does not do an operating system shutdown so start up is pretty fast.

There have been problems with restart from hibernate and Windows updates. I think they got it solved if you have the latest updates but I just gave up using it so I don’t know if it really is solved or not.

Pete
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 31, 2003
OK, Macs have something similar, which I never use. I can’t even remember what it’s called, but I know it isn’t hibernate! 🙂
PD
Pete_D
Oct 31, 2003
Katrine,

I posted at the same time as Richard. Give him your system info and he may know of a solution.

(he know a lot more than me 🙂 🙂

Pete
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 31, 2003
Beth, do you mean sleep?
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 31, 2003
Probably. I was trying not to think about it, though, because I really want a nap right now. 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections