SS
Posted By
SJW.SAW
Dec 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have 3 computers on a wireless network and each have pictures on that have been "amended" in PE5.

If one of the computers on the network is switched off PE5 hangs when at the Reading Workspace Modes stage in it’s start up.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

TIA 80/20

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Jan 2, 2008
"80/20" wrote in message
I have 3 computers on a wireless network and each have pictures on that have been "amended" in PE5.

If one of the computers on the network is switched off PE5 hangs when at the Reading Workspace Modes stage in it’s start up.

TIA 80/20
Adobe do not recommend using PS or Elements? over a network, too many variables.
If Elements is hanging when one of the PC’s is off line, the local installation is obviously looking for something on that PC. This could be from anything in the recent file list to a printer attached to the offline PC. If you cannot work and save locally, then your only option would be not to have a PC offline.

TWK
SS
SJW.SAW
Jan 2, 2008
On Jan 2, 1:35 pm, "Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote:
"80/20" wrote in message

news:>I have 3 computers on a wireless network and each have pictures on
that have been "amended" in PE5.

TIA 80/20

Adobe do not recommend using PS or Elements? over a network, too many variables.
If Elements is hanging when one of the PC’s is off line, the local installation is obviously looking for something on that PC. This could be from anything in the recent file list to a printer attached to the offline PC. If you cannot work and save locally, then your only option would be not to have a PC offline.

TWK

Many thanks
I’ll just have to make sure all PCs are on.

80/20

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections