RD
Posted By
Russell_Dohrmann
May 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently installed Photoshop CS. I set up color management. When I browse a set of images taken with my Sony F717 they appear in the browser (with reasonable color) and then – starting at the top – they darken one by one. The result is that they are all darker in appearance than when using the browser in PS 7.0. Is it because of the embedded RGB space of the Sony F717 images, or have I not set up color management correctly? Any thoughts on why this darkening might happen?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RD
Russell_Dohrmann
May 1, 2004
PS – I’m running OS-X (10.3.3)
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 1, 2004
Irregular voltage supply perhaps?

I can’t think of anything else.
RD
Russell_Dohrmann
May 1, 2004
Actually, I think it may be that the high resolution checkbox is checked in the browser preferences. So what may be happening is that it first displays the low res images and then goes back through to update the information. I also see the size of the thumbnail changing. So I’m going to unselect the high res checkbox in the browser prefs and see what happens.

My voltage supply looks stable.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections