DK
Posted By
Dennis_Kostley
Jul 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a G-3 with System 9.1 and a G-4 with System 10.1.5. On the G-3 I have Photoshop 5.0 and can view various photos on the monitor (Samsung Syncmaster955DF) with no color problems. I have Photoshop 7.0 on the G-4 and when transferring the photos from the G-3 to the G-4 the same photos colors are way off. (I have a Hitachi CM715 monitor hooked to the G-4). I have Illustrator 10.0 on the G-4 and when placing the exact same photos onto a page in Illustrator the colors of the photos are perfect on the monitor. I’ve calibrated both monitors for color correction but I’m still having color problems when viewing the photos using Photoshop 7 on the G-4. I also noticed that opening PDF files using Acrobat Reader 5.1 on the G-4 the same color viewing problem exists. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GB
g_ballard
Jul 20, 2004
I have a Hitachi CM715 (sorry)

<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html#testforgoodscreen>
KU
ken_upham
Jul 20, 2004
when I installed seven, I had to update my colorsync profile to make my whites not so dingy. Dunno if that helps, but it’s free.
DK
Dennis_Kostley
Jul 20, 2004
Thank you for the information. I’ll run through the fixes and see what happens. Otherwise, I’ll dump the Hitachi CM715 and replace it with a compatible monitor.
DK
Dennis_Kostley
Jul 20, 2004
OK thanks, I’ll give that a try.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections