ML
Posted By
Michael_Logue
Oct 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am sorry if this is out of place or has been answered, but I spent 3 weeks in the hospital last year at this time with several weeks (months) recovering, and I am determined to get through all the forum digests or die. I am about 5 months behind. There is a lot of verbiage to absorb, I marvel at how you people can work on photos, live your lives, and participate in the forums.

What I would like to mention is that it is possible to rotate jpegs loselessly, if the program is written properly. This is part of the jpeg specs. 8×8 squares of pixels are rotated at a time, and no matter how many times you rotate a picture and save it, no lose ensues. I have never been able to discover if Photoshop Elements is capable of this, although it should be. However I do know that there are graphic utilities that do this. Unfortunately I don’t know the names of the windows programs that do this, but I do know that Cameraid is a shareware program for the Mac that does this as well as having other, useful features that complement PE.

I hope this information may be helpful.

You might remember me as having a problem installing PE2 on a windows machine until I replaced the CD reader on that machine. The Adobe CD was fine, the hardware on the computer wasn’t. The problem turned into an opportunity to get a much faster drive and add write capabilities.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections