JL
Posted By
Joel_Levitz
Dec 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have upgraded to Photoshop from PhotoDeluxe. One feature in PhotoDeluxe that I used frequently was the "click and rotate" feature. When clicking in the picture four corner circular arrows appeared enabling me to move the photo and adjust (straighten) images that needed to be adjusted before cropping. That function does not appear to be available in Photoshop. Is it unavailable or am I looking in the wrong place?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PT
Paul_Tipton
Dec 28, 2003
Its all there in the pull down menus, but I prefer to select the object, right click will give you free transform, click on free transform and it is all there.
JL
Joel_Levitz
Dec 28, 2003
Paul – thanx a bunch. It works like a charm! Have a Happy New Year. Joel
PH
Photo_Help
Dec 29, 2003
Joel,

or CTRL + T

For a more precise rotation use the measure tool first to get the angle.
Y
YrbkMgr
Dec 29, 2003
Or simply make sure you have Show Bounding Box checked in the options bar when the Move tool is selected. The minute you click on the edge of the bounding box you get the options for Transform (Ctrl-T) or you can rotate manually.

Peace,
Tony
JL
Joel_Levitz
Dec 29, 2003
Thank you…much appreciated!
JL
Joel_Levitz
Dec 29, 2003
Boy…I’ve got a lot to learn. Thanx for all your help.
AP
Andrew_Pietrzyk
Dec 29, 2003
For most precise rotation double click (highlight) “set rotation” field in Options bar and use up and down arrows on your keyboard to rotate in 0.1-degree increments.
Y
YrbkMgr
Dec 29, 2003
double click (highlight) “set rotation” field

Did you know that you can single click the field name and it automatically highlights the entire field? This is true for most, but not all data entry fields in photoshop.
AP
Andrew_Pietrzyk
Dec 29, 2003
you can single click the field name and it automatically highlights the entire field? This is true for most, but not all data entry fields in photoshop.

Exactly. It doesn’t work with “rotate” field but you can also right click> select all…if you want to cover all methods of highlighting entry fields. 😉
JS
John_Slate
Dec 29, 2003
You can also rotate during the crop, instead of rotating then cropping.
DG
Dion_Geaney
Dec 29, 2003
you can single click the field name and it automatically highlights the entire field? This is true for most, but not all data entry fields in photoshop.

Exactly. It doesn’t work with “rotate” field but you can also right click> select all…if you want to cover all methods of highlighting entry fields.

Actually, if we are gonna get really picky you can simply single left-click inside the rotate angle box. It WON’T highlight the whole field (as Andrew said) but you can still now use your up and down cursor to change the degrees without the field even being highlighted!!! 🙂
Y
YrbkMgr
Dec 29, 2003
That’s the nice thing about standards, there are so many to choose from.
PT
Paul_Tipton
Dec 29, 2003
Joel

How is that for information overload?

That was the result of a simple question. Try asking a hard one and then dive for cover.
DG
Dion_Geaney
Dec 29, 2003
Our job is to complicate…not simplify! 🙂
PC
Patty_Clarke
Dec 30, 2003
Our job is to complicate…not simplify!

I’d say Great Job then! (Kidding, sort of—they always say there are at least 3 ways to do something in photoshop) and I’m open minded to the "menage a trois" concept– but it does complicate matters for us "newbies" that are just trying to "get it!"

Thank goodness humor is one of the important factors! Dion, thanks for another chuckle.

Patty 🙂
AP
Andrew_Pietrzyk
Dec 30, 2003
but it does complicate matters for us "newbies" that are just trying to "get it!"

Any time you’re confused about rotation here’s one that always works: Filter> Blur> Radial Blur> SPIN. Amount? Knock yourself out…just be gentle with USM filter after that. 😉

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections