A
Posted By
AlexK
Mar 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to return a text layer that has been rotated using the transform tool to it’s original/perfectly horizontal position? One way is to manually rotate it and align it with a horizontal guide, but I was looking for a keyboard shortcut perhaps that would automatically rotate it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 25, 2009
hold down Shift while rotating to constrain the angle to 15 degree increments
JM
J_Maloney
Mar 25, 2009
You can convert the type to paragraph type and then you get a bounding box you can rotate using the type tool and the command key. With the info panel showing you see the rotation and shoot for 0.0; but it seems easier to just copy paste out to a new layer.
V
v6v6v6
Mar 25, 2009
I believe Zeno’s suggestion would only work if your initial rotation was constrained using the shift key, too.
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 25, 2009
darn it, your right, almost, you don’t need to convert it to a paragraph to do the info panel "trick". Also if you have good eyesight you can watch the lines of the bounding box, you’re at completely straight when the bounding box doesn’t have any a stairstepping effect
A
AlexK
Mar 25, 2009
I have been using all of the above techniques, but I was hoping there was a keyboard shortcut to make it perfectly horizontal without relying on my eyesight for stair-stepping or aligning using the 0,0 in the info tool.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections